• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Squeeky Steering Wheel (easy fix)

Big_Al

NAXJA Forum User
I have followed a few threads on this subject but thought I'd post this here. I have a 97 Sport and after I swapped in a Junkyard steering column to get the last of my cruise control components, I got a serious squalking sound in the new column. I followed the advise of the other thread and lubercated the rubber boot on the firewall. I just hosed it down with silicone spray from under the hood. Wow no more honking goose when I turn out of my driveway in the mornings. HTH....Al

Thanx for the tip, mine has been making that squawk since I lowered the column and let it hang by the firewall mount.

Awesome! I have the same problem with my 98 when it's cold out. I hate it assaulting my ears like that!

--wp11

Yup, my dad and my buddy both have 99's that do that as well...I'm sure they will be glad it's a quick fix!! thanks fellow Jeeper!

yep mine does it when it's cold.
it's great conversation for passengers who have not yet heard it ...

haha i just tell the passenger "your crazy, i dont hear anything" lol. THANKS for the solution this has been driving me crazy for 6 months! god bless NAXJA! :D

Back