• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

changed LCAB, now squeaking

IRPancake

NAXJA Forum User
I'm pretty sure the bushings were original, and I was having vibration at ~60 mph so I figured they needed to be done anyways. Used a ball joint clamp tool from advanced auto, and it worked perfectly, and the entire process only took a couple hours. Everything went fine except for when I was pressing in the last bushing, I accidently used the cup that had a cutout on the side, so part of the control arm bent in some. I attmped to straighten it out a little, but figured it would be OK and pressed in the bushing, which was snug. I haven't driven it on the street yet, because my brake light situation :shiver: but when I go up and down the driveway and hit the gutter, I hear a creaking noise. It sounds like its on both sides though, is it just something associated with new bushings (first time changing), or should I be worried?

Last edited:
You may want to remove one bolt at a time. I do not know if you'd be lucky and get some in there to stop the squeaking without removal. I'd use anti seize as I've yet to see that stuff wash away with just a water spray.

hrm, I just drove it around the neighborhood some more (finally got the brake lights working for now) and it wasn't squeaking, maybe it just needed to settle in or something, idk. thanks for the replies

yeah shoulda greased it

still not squeaking, drove it on the street, minus the obvious alignment issue I have now thanks to the new bushings, it rides awesome. After I put my budget boost on later this week I'll give it an alignment

Back