• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

should I swap out my nodular 9 for a D35?

igotanxj

NAXJA Forum User
So my dana 35 is just sitting there building up dust. It looks sad, the 9 inch gets all the fun. What if some day by a fluke i break something in the 9 inch rear? It will be expensive to fix. If I break my D35 I could just swap a whole new one in from the junk yard for super cheap. They are being thrown away like trash, which means I could use them for a disposable rear. I could even fold down my rear seats and carry an entire spare rear end with me on the trails. Plus a D35 is lighter and while some people might say the smaller ring gear is weaker, I say it gives more ground clearance! What do you guys think? O, by the way I run 37s. ;)

Last edited:
Dude...
Just run a 44 and be done with all that $hit...why would you wanna carry a rear end with you on the trail anyways? Sounds to me like you get you Jollies if breaking stuff...imho i would run a 60 if i were you,...on 37? what do you run for gears? 5.11,5.38?

-PJ

a diff skid might help if you are draggin the 9 a lot. i think you will get tired of replacing axle shafts if you put the d35 back in. Why give up strength just for a bit of ground clearance? you may be able to shave the 9 a bit too, not sure on that thou.

So my dana 35 is just sitting there building up dust. It looks sad, the 9 inch gets all the fun. What if some day by a fluke i break something in the 9 inch rear? It will be expensive to fix. If I break my D35 I could just swap a whole new one in from the junk yard for super cheap. They are being thrown away like trash, which means I could use them for a disposable rear. I could even fold down my rear seats and carry an entire spare rear end with me on the trails. Plus a D35 is lighter and while some people might say the smaller ring gear is weaker, I say it gives more ground clearance! What do you guys think? O, by the way I run 37s. ;)

just add a super 37 kit thats why its called that, right?

5/10

You want to carry a 35 in the back of your XJ!!!! I have a better idea carry a grenade with the pin pulled. If you roll over that 35 will kill everyone in your XJ and could possibly fly out the window roll down the trail take out your fellow off road buddy and kill some kid standing on the side of the trail watching before the 35 comes at a rest at the bottom of the trail blocking any type of rescue vehicle from helping you and the others that could be involved. If you are looking for a light weight axle that is supper strong get a H233B out of a 99 Nissan Frontier it has 33 spline shafts and gear ratios available up to 5.89 and I think it comes stock with 4.54 gears wich should work with 4.56 the only thing is it is a 6 lug. With a spacer it could be a great axle for a swap. ARB is the only available locker.

What a crock....im 17 and im starting to think i know more than this guy...ha ha ha what a gomer....lastara

-PJ-
hahahaha :roflmao:

Ha Ha, that sounds like a good idea, After you swap the d35 for your 9" maybe you can swap your I6 for the 4 cylinder, then install some smaller tires with big shiny rims........

Holy crap dude. I just got up about 15 mins ago. Had to stand up, rub my eyes, stretch a bit, and reread your post. Thought maybe I was still sleeping and was having some sort of an odd dream.

What a crock....im 17 and im starting to think i know more than this guy...ha ha ha what a gomer....lastara

-PJ-

You do realize this is a joke right? I hope it is anyways!

Back