• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drive line mods.

Is it worth rebuilding junk yard axels, or beefing up the D30s? I have seen many rigs blow rear ends on the trails, and i want to build something VERY strong. So what do you guys recomend for this? also if the axels dont break is it going to move all the stress to someting else, drive shafts, T-case, ect..? Im pretty much trying to buil a buliit proff drivetrain. Its a 96' 4.0HO auto.

New here? Search works, but I can tell you that the stock drivetrain is as good as it gets. Some like the Dana 60, but it takes so much modification that I just use two D-30's to equal a D-60.

As far as bullet proof, it depends on what "buliit" you use. I prefer a .338 Accubond when I'm rear-end hunting, but I think you can get by with a lot less if you don't mind waiting for just the right shot. Be patient, you'll get there-

CIMG4993Medium.jpg

if i were you'd swap something a little tougher than a D30

what size tires are you going to run at the end of the modification track?

that is the only question that you need to answer...

Back