• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lopy Idle And Stalling.

88XJSport

NAXJA Forum User
About once a month, maybe twice, my 88 4.0 will stall. It only happens when I am in Drive, and stopped for more than 2 or so minutes (IE drive thru, red light, drive thru, stop sign...) When it does die, it will stutter once, and die. Sometimes, I get a really lopy idle (usually all the time), but it will pick back up sometimes, and smooth out. It also stalled once on a right turn, as I was in the middle of the turn, it stuttered and died. It will ALWAYS fire back up after it stalls. I also get a giant miss, when I catch it on the tach, the tach will go from just under 1k, and go almost to zero, back to where it was, in a split second. This is also puzzling.

So I really dont get the intermittent lopy idle, or the stutter and die, and giant random misses. Ive changed the fuel pump last month, IAC last week, TB is clean, fuel pressure is 32psi, plugs/wires/cap/rotor are 1 year old. The lopy idle/stalling has been happening since about december.

Any help would be great.

Back