• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pro Comp Cherokee Suspension

MidgetXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Is the Pro Comp 3.5" XJ kit any good? Is it level and a nice fit for 31x10.50x15's?

I'd go RE but I can get the Pro Comp kit for $200 from a friend, brand new, but don't want to put a lame kit on my rig. I have a 1999 XJ Sport.

Anyone here with a new body style XJ have the PC 3.5" and 31's?

It's mainly for street driving and logging roads.

Is the Pro Comp 3.5" XJ kit any good? Is it level and a nice fit for 31x10.50x15's?

I'd go RE but I can get the Pro Comp kit for $200 from a friend, brand new, but don't want to put a lame kit on my rig. I have a 1999 XJ Sport.

I had the Pro-Comp (aka Pro-Crap, Pro-Cramp, etc.) on my XJ for about 2 years before I threw it all in the trash and put on RE. Usually I save parts, just in case but, I honestly threw it all out just incase I forgot how much I hated it.

i run their shocks and thats about it....their lifts are typically harsh riding and junk...i bought a 90XJ with a Pro-comp kit on it and i pulled it off for a RE?RC hybrid kit

Mine isnt a new body style (96) but Ive got ProComp springs all the way around. Ive had mine on for a couple years. Im happy with it. Some people dont like PC because they use a higher spring rate. I dont know what the rears are but the front coils are 210 lbs verses 160 for stock. I shopped for a high spring rate to support the winch so they worked out well for me. The rear springs gave me nearly 4" at first. After some off roading and some towing, they have settled to about 3". The front coils give me about 3" with the winch so I would estimate around 3.5 without it. Ive added some stuff from other manufacturers to finish the lift off, such as RE control arms, Iron Rock trackbar and OME shocks. I dont care for PCs arms bars and shocks but their springs have worked out ok for me.

If its cheap do it. I have replaced every single procomp part on my rig cept the rear shocks but it got me out and wheelin! I now have re stuff and love it!

idk about the lift kit. but a year ago i ran 31x10.5 tires on my 2000 xj with just triming the fenders so im sure you'll have more than enough room for the tires

what components(coils, add a leaf or full leaf packs, trackbar) are included in the pro-comp 3.5" lift?

I got a Pro Comp lift on my 2000 XJ.

All I can say is wow. I can't believe how unstable it damn thing is it bounces and jars over all bumps and any thing on the road is a bump. I am truly scared to drive over 70mph.

I will be changing over to a RE kit when funds allow.

Oh and I run 31 10.50 BFG ATs on the kit first real trail I was on I lost a rear fender due to the wheel tucking. I also rub the fronts when turning a lot.

Just avoid.

Back