• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mopar XJ Brush Guard

mtsz52784

NAXJA Forum User
Does anybody know where i might be able to find the mopar xj brush guard (2000). ive searched everywhere but cant find one... i know they are discontinued but somebody has to have one?

I had posted a similar question earlier today!

I bought an OEM/MOPAR Brush Guard for my 1999 off Craigs List for $50 in beautiful condition.

Now I'm having the trouble of how to mount it. There doesn't appear to be any mounting brackets and so my post was in regard on how to mount it.

Do you know how to mount it? It doesn't come with mounting brackets nor does it show any mounting brackets in the exploded view provided by the dealer.

Oh - My dealer wanted to sell me a Factory Brush Guard (the XJ style that had the molded facia around the 5" driving lights in the center) for $399. You may try your local Jeep dealer if you want one new.

Good Luck - let me know how you fair...

Mike

mtsz52784 said:
Does anybody know where i might be able to find the mopar xj brush guard (2000). ive searched everywhere but cant find one... i know they are discontinued but somebody has to have one?

Did you have a dealership do a complete US search? There might be one out there somewhere. As time goes on it has been harder to locate XJ accessories. I have also seen them on Ebay from time to time. I have the OEM part numbers if you need it depending on what verson of the guard you are looking for..

i am looking for the black one with the fog lights if possible. Do you have the part number to help me out in my search.
Thanks

I had one on my '99 until recently, sold it for $50. They are out there, I have seen a black one with the fogs, and a red one (painted to match) with the fogs for sale in the last year. They came in Black, Chrome, and Brushed Aluminum. Here are the part numbers for you:

Brushguard with Fog Lights and Lower Fascia

8220 3417 Natural Aluminum
8220 3418 Chromed Steel
8220 3419 Black Steel

Brushguard

8220 3340 Natural Aluminum
8220 3341 Chromed Steel
8220 3342 Black Steel

Fog Light Package (in case you find one with out it, like mine)

8220 4418

I have never been able to track down numbers for the mounting bracket. Never seen a Chromed version either.

P4110001.jpg

P4110002.jpg

P4110003.jpg

Sorry I don't have any shots of the mounting brackets. It basically mounts at the three stock bumper points, wraps under the framerail for one mount. Then has the two holes up front for the actual guard to bolt onto. From a recovery standpoint it's not too sturdy. The brackets don't have hooks on them. But there is room to add them, which you'll see if you ever get ahold of one. Just drill two holes at an angle and bolt them on. I would really only use it in an emergency if you had nothing else.

Nice hook wasn't it. These are the pics of when I had that on my jeep before getting rid of that brush guard and hooks. the brackets came with mine when I bought it. I got mine when the OEM was selling off all the XJ stuff it was a mopar website at the time. Got it for cheap gave it away for cheap. For street use it was great looked great, but it hung low and stuck out a bit much for my liking, and after beating the snot out of it I took it off and build a bumper for my needs.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=4287980705

yes thats my dog on the first pick but there are a few shots of the brackets in there.

faf3e4f0.jpg

faf3e4ea.jpg

faf3e495.jpg

Last edited:
91 Jeep Project said:
Never seen a Chromed version either.

Here is the chrome one I had back when it was a stocker.

Stocker.jpg

Ohh I so want one.. I live in dallas does any one know where i can get one localy. I called the dealer and they said no no to it.. : (

Back