• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track Bar Help Please

Hey folks,

I'm more looking for confirmation more than help I guess. I picked up the new heep yesterday. Overall I'm quite pleased, it runs and drives great and I have yet to find anything more than a couple patches of surface rust about the size of a penny. My problem is that it has a 3" lift that leans towards the passenger side. The axle is also pushed about an inch to the driver side. I am wondering if the track bar being too short could cause the lean? I'm going to re drill the lower tb mount on Monday but I'm just wondering if u guys think it will solve my problem? Thanks in advance for your input. I did search too but found nothing definitive and next to nothing about the lean.

Thanks again,

Tristan

The axle is also pushed about an inch to the driver side.

That would mean your trackbar is to "short".Re-drilling is ok,but in the long run a "good" trackbar is worth its money.

The trackbar has nothing to do with the lean.Also a good trackbar is more important for a DD than a trailer queen.

Good point. I guess I'll look closer at it in the light tomorrow and try to figure out the lean and when the budget allows I will be looking at an adjustable track bar. Until then though I probably will drill to get the axle centred. If anyone has any suggestion on the lean I'm all ears. I'll post what I find tomorrow.

i have a three inch lift as well. lifting a xj pulls the front axle to the drivers side. causes steering alignment issues and axle centering issues. i had a jks track bar put on and wow made a huge difference in everything. not to sure about the whole drilling thing you made mention of but definitely get a good track bar. saves you a bunch of grief all around.

Drilling may get you close to where you want to be with the track bar, however like was said above. Adjustable track bars are the best solution period. As for your lean, I would grab a measuring tape and measure your coils. You may be looking at a saggy coil.

my xj "leans" to the drivers side. mainly cause i am usually the only wight in it. i started to put my tools in the pass side of the cargo area to help balance it out.

most likely cause is the springs on one side are worn more than the other side.

Ok so, I determined that the lean is caused by the leaf springs out back. I replaced all but the main leaf with a known good leaf pack out of my old xj. Still leans but not nearly as much. What I would like to do is put an extra bottom leaf into the low side. I will not be beating on it, I just want to get it level. I just found out that I'm going back to school full time in September so with tuition to pay, I'm on a really tight budget. How bad will it be on a 95% daily driver?

Ok so, I determined that the lean is caused by the leaf springs out back. I replaced all but the main leaf with a known good leaf pack out of my old xj. Still leans but not nearly as much. What I would like to do is put an extra bottom leaf into the low side. I will not be beating on it, I just want to get it level. I just found out that I'm going back to school full time in September so with tuition to pay, I'm on a really tight budget. How bad will it be on a 95% daily driver?

how bad will what be? the lean. so it leans a bit. IMHO, its more imp[ortant to get the front axle centered with the correct trackbar length.

no problem with putting an extra leave in the back to level it out or leave it lean a bit.

Back