• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Roof Rack size

CherBear

NAXJA Forum User
So i was planning on doing the "Wal-mart" light bar project on my jeep.
However, i realized that my roof rack goes from the back of my jeep to only about where the drivers door starts.
according to some of the pics here in the write-up, other roof racks go much farther towards the front of the jeep.
So did roof rack lenghts vary in some way? Or do they have some sort of aftermarket rack?
BTW: Im driving an '00 Sport.

Yeah i parked next to a guy(mine is a 97 and this one had to be a 99+ because it had color matched flares) at work a few weeks ago and his rack was way shorter than mine. It must be a late option because my buddy has an 01 with the full length rack like mine.

nope no aftermarket factory rack. its just that the length of the factory rack is longer for some models and shorter on the newer. im not sure exactly when it switched though. my 96 has the full length and i definately know most of the 00, 01s have the shorter like youve described. maybe different trim levels affect it too

PS i did the wallyworld light bar also (well i drilled 4 holes in a factory rack cross bar, mounted cheap lights on the top and moved it all the way up) on my 2001 with the shorter factory rack and it worked out fine. if you mount the lights on the top like i did you shouldnt have a problem with the lights projecting onto the roof

Last edited:
Back