• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Newb axle find.

13bullets

NAXJA Forum User
I've just bought a 98 xj with Dana 30/35. Mostly stock, one of the previous owners put an 8" lift and 35"s on it. That's about all I know about it, I've had it 2 days.

I found these for sale:

Both axles are GM Full Widths. 14 Bolt Rear Axle is a full floating 1 ton 8 lug axle. Dana 44 Front Axle is a 3/4 ton 8 lug axle. (match set)
I will be including brand new U bolts, rear Bluetorch Fab. spring perches, and Bluetorch Fab. spring plates.

Should I jump on them without know any other specs for them. They are about 4 hours away so it'd be a bit of driving, but it seems like a steal at 700 bucks.

ETA: Price change, found more recent listing than the original.

Last edited:
if its a gm then the front axle is a passenger side drop and wont work with your xj

youll have to look at ford or international harvester front ends for drivers side drop

preferably early to mid 70's ford f250/f350's./

have you been on NC4X4.com? people on there usually have nice axle sets in there.

what part of lincolnton do you live? i'm about 10-15 mins away.

What color is that XJ? White?

i'm up towards that way alot. i drive the blue xj with 35s. if you ever need any help let me know.

does the jeep have ABS? are you sure it has a d35 in the rear?

IMG_1271.jpg
[/IMG]

Thats not a 98 there buddy....

if it has abs then it suley is a d35. if you dont mind deleting the abs then a 8.25 will be a cheap upgrade.

I was gonna say, it definately has older side mirrors and the 4x4 emblem isn't a sticker like it would be on a 98. Looks like it was probably repaired from a 96 donor if your sure its a 98.

Not doubting what you say, would just hate for someone to be sold an older XJ under the pretenses that it's a 98.

I was gonna say, it definately has older side mirrors and the 4x4 emblem isn't a sticker like it would be on a 98. Looks like it was probably repaired from a 96 donor if your sure its a 98.

Not doubting what you say, would just hate for someone to be sold an older XJ under the pretenses that it's a 98.

It would do me a favor if it were a 96. No emissions testing. But...it's a 98.

hmmmmm

the front doors are off a 95 or older, see the opener thingies...

It would do me a favor if it were a 96. No emissions testing. But...it's a 98.

No, 95 and older.. 96 and up are OBDII which are tested in NC, my 96 had to go through that dog and pony show.

Back