• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

In dash CB mount

Deemer25

NAXJA Forum User
Just got a new CB today it's the Cobra 29 WX NW ST, so it's a fairly big unit, I was actually planning at first on mounting it to the visor clips, but it looks way too big to fit up there. So second plan was to put it on the center hump on the pass. side, but I usually have someone riding there so that's right out. So my last idea that I had was to actually put it in the dash where the current center vent it, and relocate that vent were the ashtray is. The jeep never really get's warm before I get to work in the winter, and the ac is ice cold in the summer, plus the vent blows right on my hand when I am in traffic, so it would proably be a welcome repreive. Has anyone ever done this, or attempted it? Any pictures would be much appreciated. Thanks

I have mine on the pass side hump. Wife rides there all the time, no problems. I also have a 99 so limits where I can put it.

I have seen several good threads on this subject!! Search and ye shall be rewarded:rtm:

It should fit where the ashtray is.
IM000741.jpg

Back