• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

clayton short arms and d30 clearance?

Swamper35

NAXJA Forum User
I Just picked up some clayton short arms, upper and lowers. I also got the trac bar and hd mount as well as a set of 4.5 RE coils. The problem is when I get all four arms in the lowers hit my housing. Do I need to modify my spring perch's or something?

you dont have somthin right, any chance you can get pics?

They are hitting what?The shock mounts?

Ok I have no idea how to post a picture.. What is happing is that I cant get my coils to sit in straight. So I came on here and got control arm lengths for different height lifts and when I adjusted my uppers and lowers to what the chart said my lca hits where the shock bolts to the housing and seriously limits the travel.

My LCA's hit there too...infact both my LCAs and axle have a dent from flexing. I could be wrong, but I don't think there's much you can do about that other then limiting straps or something.

~Scott

This is just a suggestion, but if the threads are contacting the shock mount, maybe you should flip the arms around so you don't mess up the threads over time.

Thats a really steep angle, I don't think your axle is at ride height in that pic. I would consider getting drop brackets or the ride will suck with CA angles like that.

I think once it is all done, with the shocks on and tires it won't look like that...You have it hanging free, no load...Put your springs in at set it on the ground..I need more coffee

i do belive the johnny joint end goes to the frame
It really doesnt make any difference,RE has always had their SF joint at the axle for LCA's and at the frame for UCA's(for obvious reasons).

Back