• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new guy with xj d44 4sale

higgsxjyar

NAXJA Forum User
hello, been a member for a litl bit but this my 1st post. i live in PA (half hour from PARAGON). i have an xj, a black 1, with some stuff done to it. she's a 2001, i bought it in '02. anyway, down to business: i have an extra xj (rear)d44 laying around my garage. this is a direct bolt-in for '84-'01 cherokee if you didn't already know that. i have one in my 2001..i am not looking to get rich from selling this, but don't want to give it away either. let me know if interested, we can work out the details, am flexible..

i took it out of a stock 1988 cherokee,automatic. doesn't seem to be bent/cracked.everything rotates freely.it is complete drum to drum, but i HAVE NOT had the diff cover/drums off for inspection.it's pretty cold here but i will check it out for you if you are serious about buying it. i will try to answer any questions you may have.thanx

Too bad your so far away.

m guessing/assuming that automatic meant it had 3.54/3.55 gears right?...have heard of the possibility of 3.73s but havn't ever seen it.....i think that if even a little serious, then u shud be changing gears anyway.mine had 190,000miles when i got it.put detroit/4.88/master install kit/disc brakes on and wheeled for a bit, then i broke an axle on Qtrail (paragon), now me gotz superiors......the xj d44 that i have 4sale is bone-stock..

if you look close, you can see some of the d44 in my pic: under the jeep/in front of the jackstands/behind the toolbox.. i would proly trade it, maybe for a back bumper,basic/simple/strong..jus an idea, try me?!

hey, props on going red right off the bat! also wondering a price. I've already got a 44 in mine, but a friend or two might be interested if the price is right :)

"red right off bat" what does that mean? am looking for a couple-3 hundred bucks depending on how much work I have to do. OR maybe trade, BUT i dont have anything particular in mind.....my rig is '01 xj/7" or so rubicon express/4.88/d30lokrite/d44detroit/35s/beadlocks/rockrails/full cage..try me??:peace:

"red right off bat" what does that mean?

When you become a member your username turns red. There are many many people on the site that have used the board for years without becoming a member and supporting the club/ site.

Thank you.

John

3.55's?

i do believe my xj d44 is still for sale. sounds like my guy has other things goin on. i want $300, or trade for basic/rugged/rock worthy back bumper, or trade for '97-'01 xj windshield/driver door/fender, or trade for:????????........i WILL ship it if i HAVE to, but pick up is preferred. i went to UPS yesterday, they want it boxed(where do i get an axle box?) and they only ship up to 150lbs.m not sure what an xjd44 weighs.am not sure what other shipping options i have available to me. this place that i live at (the "coal region") is stuck in 1983...........it was cool when i moved here, 20 minutes from paragon, then they took paragone away, now it sucks....hopefully, i will move out west BEFORE they take MOAB away..... :hang:

Back