• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aw4 woes

tomstagz

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all, ive been having some trouble with the tranny on my xj lately. Started happening on the first really cold day ( around -15 celcious ). Not sure what that is converted, but well below freezing.

Anyway half the time i drive around my tranny operates normal. then the other half when i come to a stop, the tranny seems to stick in 3rd gear, But if i shift down manually, it goes through the gears fine.

I figured maybe there was water in the tranny from it being underwater ifself from the wheeling season. i pulled the drain plug and topped it up with fresh fluid, that made no difference, i was gunna try again but drop the pan and replace the filter this time. I was wondering if anyone else has had experiance with this issue?

Maybe the servos arent operating correctly?

Start here and post your results.

what?

Does anyoen know if the tcu is located on the passenger side right under the glove box with a large wire harness connecting to it?

Changed the fluid and filter wiht no difference, But the tranny operates normally when i change gears manually

what?

Does anyoen know if the tcu is located on the passenger side right under the glove box with a large wire harness connecting to it?

Changed the fluid and filter wiht no difference, But the tranny operates normally when i change gears manually

Oops, my fault. Yes, the TCM should be on the passenger side with a large wiring harness ... at least on pre-97.

HERE

I've had a simular shifting issue with my '94 and it turned out to be a bad throttle position sensor (TPS). I replaced it and the issue went away. Do you have any check engine lights?

Back