• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

renomn1

NAXJA Forum User
Hi. I have an 01 xj stock with a k&n fipk, !00,000 miles. The check engine light comes on after its been driven for an hour or so with codes saying random multiple cylinder misfire, cylinder 3 misfire, and cylinder 1 misfire. once it also said cylinder 2 and 4 as well as 1 and 3. I've had the codes erased several times when I've tried to solve the problem. I bought the jeep at 88000 miles and changed the plugs. after that the codes started popping up, I checked the plugs, the gap, it was good but there was corrosion on the plugs from the cheap di electric grease that I used so I went and bought some Permatex and cleaned everything. SOMEBODY HELP PLEASE?1

Heat soak? Wasn't it the later models that had issues with misfires due to the injectors getting hot? I'm pretty sure the TSB is around here somewhere- might look at that.

Random misfires can also be indicative of a vacuum leak. Intake manifold, throttle body, check all CCV plumbing. Vacuum testing if you get stuck may be helpful here.

Heat soak? Wasn't it the later models that had issues with misfires due to the injectors getting hot? I'm pretty sure the TSB is around here somewhere- might look at that.

It's not injector heat soak when it's zero outside. That is a problem of low speed running when hot outside or more commonly, restarting when hot after a few minutes.

Back