• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BDS trackbar part # help?

mjd99xjC

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all, i have a BDS trackbar that has a worn TRE on the frame end. I emailed them about possible warranty help, and they asked for the part # and possible pics of the wear. For one I can no longer find the part # on their website, and how are you supposed to send a pic of TRE wear? Anyone know the part # for a trackbar that fits w a 3.5 RE lift? If not, what kind of TRE would be an upgrade to this, that would thread in and be a direct replacement? Thanks.

with that lift your best bet is to buy a adjustable trac bar with a double shear bracket.either a iron rock offroad or a RE. that TRE will always be a problem and with a good trac bar you will be amazed at the difference. my .02

Yeah I agree, however having paid for one with a TRE (the no fine print lifetime warr. was a selling point) It is what it is. I understand that a TRE is a wear item, but is this included int the warranty? Opinions? and if anyone has the same trackbar, what kind of life are you getting out of these? im about 90% road use, however I tend to drive a touch on the aggressive side. Thoughts?

No the TRE is not under bds warranty,Tre's wear as do bushings.if the trac bar was to bend or brake, you would be covered.BDS makes quality products,why they still include TRE trac bars in there kits is beyond me.i run there coils and feel they are among the best out there. as i said buy a good trac bar with a double shear bracket and be done with it. good luck.

Is there any way to convert what I have into a double shear? Replace TRE with a hiem and buy a new bracket of some sort? Rather than buy a whole new trackbar?

Back