• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NO LIGHTS!!! HELP!!!

The Lure Washer

NAXJA Forum User
I went home from work tonight and pulled out the head light switch on 1990 renix and Nothing. No headlights, taillights, brake lights, dash lights, or emergency flashers. My turn signals work but thats it. What am I looking at for an issue. Could it just be the switch or is it a fusable link or relay?

That is VERY weird because brake lights and e-flashers should be on a totally different system than the other lights. They should be more on the turn signal system which you say works. Please verify what lights actually work and don't. What you are saying seems highly unlikely, but whatever, we want to help you solve your issue. Please double check exactly what works and doesn't so we can check out the wiring diagrams.

I've heard of a similar issue once before. The ignition switch replacement was what cured the problem. I do not know how they came to that as a resolution though, sorry.

Check your grounds, it is a renix.. They have trouble with these..My 89 wouldn't ground on the left rear, so i cleaned an replaced my grounds...I know this sounds dumb, but it worked on mine...HTH

I fixed the problem. There is a relay by the headlight harness connector. Advance Auto calls it the illumination relay. Well I pulled it out it was corroded I cleaned it up with contact cleaner put it back in and everything turned on!!! Im so psyched! Im tired of diagnosing things with this.

Back