• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rustys or 1source adjustable front coil spring spacers

aquaholic

NAXJA Forum User
is anyone using the adjustable front coil spring spacers from rusty's or 1source manufacturing on their xj? mine is a 99 4door se 4.0L AW4. at $200 i'de like to know if these are going to hold up in the long run. i dont want to turn this into another boring/stupid lift kit thread. just lookin for some info on these products. also anyone know of a source for an adjustable rear xj shackle? no i dont mean the 2 position one from rustys.

Look into the JKS ACOS they seem to be really beefy. I'm not sure of the price though! :dunno:

I don't think that there is an adjustable shackle on the market for anything!

i liked the acos to but it's $263 so i'm not sure its feasible for my budget. this one from 1source mfg looks good as well http://www.1sourcemfg.com/store/jeep/jeep-cherokee/k30040-wrangler-cherokee-adjustable-lift-kit.html i'm just not 100% sure i wanna go this route before getting some advice from someone thats used it. i definately like the flexibility of this produt and i think it will save me some money in the long run. i mean how many jeeps have been lifted and the owner then finds out they need control arms, trac bars, trans case lowering kits, tie rod extensions, unable to allign vehicle, etc.. after the fact due to the death wobble and no preplanning. i think this is a good route to go to get maximum lift at a budget price. i mean if things get to out of wack i can just drop it down a little.

i liked the acos to but it's $263 so i'm not sure its feasible for my budget. this one from 1source mfg looks good as well http://www.1sourcemfg.com/store/jeep/jeep-cherokee/k30040-wrangler-cherokee-adjustable-lift-kit.html i'm just not 100% sure i wanna go this route before getting some advice from someone thats used it. i definately like the flexibility of this produt and i think it will save me some money in the long run. i mean how many jeeps have been lifted and the owner then finds out they need control arms, trac bars, trans case lowering kits, tie rod extensions, unable to allign vehicle, etc.. after the fact due to the death wobble and no preplanning. i think this is a good route to go to get maximum lift at a budget price. i mean if things get to out of wack i can just drop it down a little.

i would check with other venders, i thought the jks acos were just over $200

is anyone using the adjustable front coil spring spacers from rusty's or 1source manufacturing on their xj? mine is a 99 4door se 4.0L AW4. at $200 i'de like to know if these are going to hold up in the long run. i dont want to turn this into another boring/stupid lift kit thread. just lookin for some info on these products. also anyone know of a source for an adjustable rear xj shackle? no i dont mean the 2 position one from rustys.

Rusty's doesnt have a great rep around here, and 1 source goes out of their way to make sure you can't find their direct phone number or address.

Is that who you want to buy from?

wow look same post different forum:

http://www.cherokee*****.com/forum/showthread.php?p=24159

is anyone using the adjustable front coil spring spacers from rusty's or 1source manufacturing on their xj? mine is a 99 4door se 4.0L AW4. at $200 i'de like to know if these are going to hold up in the long run. i dont want to turn this into another boring/stupid lift kit thread. just lookin for some info on these products. also anyone know of a source for an adjustable rear xj shackle?

In the grand scheme of things even if they're $63 more its nothing.

wow look same post different forum:

http://www.cherokee*****.com/forum/showthread.php?p=24159

is anyone using the adjustable front coil spring spacers from rusty's or 1source manufacturing on their xj? mine is a 99 4door se 4.0L AW4. at $200 i'de like to know if these are going to hold up in the long run. i dont want to turn this into another boring/stupid lift kit thread. just lookin for some info on these products. also anyone know of a source for an adjustable rear xj shackle?

Fillters on a website with cherokee???

no my post isnt spam. i just posted it on a few jeep forums thats all. with a link someone posted for me on jeepsunlimited i found that acos for $204 on rokmen's website which i can live with. now for the big question. anyone out there actually using one?

I was looking at the Rustys coil spacer and I wonder what the inner diameter is on those. Anybody know the inner diameter of the tube they use?

I just installed ACOS on my new build.I'm a toolmaker so anything machined is of interest to me.so when I saw them on Mr Lion's rig in Moab I thought those are cool.I love adjustabillity.My springs are a little funky(12 years old)so they are great to level or boost up the front of your rig.
ACOS are top quality:thumbup:,they look great,1 3/4" lift min.to :nono:skyscraper. I have mine at min.lift and will give a bit more if tires rub at max flex.My old jeep had 2" solid spacers but now i've got more clearance with the installed bushwacker flairs on the new 2000.When you cut down the bump stop posts you are still left with a boxed in post that you tap and install new bumps with the kit.They are strong,your spring top is still above the cut off part.I thing they are good for fine tuning only and should not be used to get 8" of lift out of your cherokee.I won them at the 20th ani in Moab so I used them on my new rig but don't "NEED" them.Easy adjustment. How to post picks or what site to use is eluding me right now.help me out please.Thanks

no my post isnt spam. i just posted it on a few jeep forums thats all. with a link someone posted for me on jeepsunlimited i found that acos for $204 on rokmen's website which i can live with. now for the big question. anyone out there actually using one?

Many, many people run ACOS, myself included. I run them with no adjuster for about 1 1/8" lift.

For the most part, anything with the JKS name on it will be quality.

Back