• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

transmission plug (2 pin)

maybe2fast

NAXJA Forum User
I was under my xj today and noticed a 2 pin connector just hanging by the drivers side of the transmission. Now when I bought my truck I was told it had just had a rebuild on the trans but I was under the impression the AW4 was rebuilt not replaced. Plug has a purple water seal (I think its purple). No obvious place for this plug.

I have one of those as well. Just hanging there. I checked underneath and couldn't find the other end of the plug. Since everything seems to be working properly in the 4WD department, I just left the plug hanging. Since I don't have any lights on my dash where the 4WD handle is, that might be what the plug does. Eh, whatever.

I will look at the wire colors, but it is a female style plug (2 pin) on the driver side and seems to have enough wire to go back to the T-case area...

If the wires are red/black and yellow/black they are for the full-time indicator light which is only used with the NP242 transfer case. Usually that harness is tucked behind the mounting bracket at the rear of the transmisssion.

Back