• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Retreads???

XJ Stryker

WHO DAT!
A buddy at work today pointed my tires out and me never looking at them never thought that they may be retreads.

I bought them second hand from Dudeinaxj and he swear that they are not. Hell I got a good deal on them so I ain't sore one way or the other but would like to know what yall think. After closer inspection from me I believe they are retreads here is a picture tell me what yall think.

They are Hankook dynapro MT 30's

tire003.jpg

Why do you think they are retreads?

I run Hi-Tech (treadwright) retreads and those look nothing like mine. You can tell mine are as they have a seam on the sidewall.

I'm going to say they are not retread. I can't see any evidence supporting retread. :dunno:

Here's a close up picture of my retreads:

HPIM0140.jpg

Note the extremely thick seam just below the tread, as well as the numerous seams running across the tread.

I don't think yours are retreads.

I run Treadwrights. Those don't look like retreads. I haven't ever seen any that have a tread down on to the sidewall.

Chris

I just thought they might be cause the line going around the top by the treads, then the tread on the side doesnt match the top perfectly.

Hey I have no clue I have never seen retreads. BUt from what I have read and then the guy at work and then looking I just starting thinking they may be.

Thanks for looking though.

I just thought they might be cause the line going around the top by the treads, then the tread on the side doesnt match the top perfectly.

Hey I have no clue I have never seen retreads. BUt from what I have read and then the guy at work and then looking I just starting thinking they may be.

Thanks for looking though.

If i still have retreads on mine you'll see them at WF. I may be getting some Bighorns! :D

Did you ever think about looking on their web site and looking for yourself instead of posting this thread???? http://www.hankooktireusa.com/product/tire_detail.asp?pid=358 A simple click and you can see that they are not retreads but the people you work with are retards.

Did you ever think maybe he could just ask his friends here at Naxja? We could all spend all day reading FSM's, talking to mechanics and doing our jobs; but instead we have a great support group here for our mass addiction.

Did you ever think maybe he could just ask his friends here at Naxja? We could all spend all day reading FSM's, talking to mechanics and doing our jobs; but instead we have a great support group here for our mass addiction.

:roflmao: get 'em cal!

Did you ever think about looking on their web site and looking for yourself instead of posting this thread???? http://www.hankooktireusa.com/product/tire_detail.asp?pid=358 A simple click and you can see that they are not retreads but the people you work with are retards.

Did you ever think that someone else would have retreaded them? Just because they say Hankook on the side doesnt mean they are the ones that did it. Check out treadwright.com theirs say BFG (or Goodyear, or whatever carcass they can get ahold of)... so if you look on BFGs website do you think it's going to say its a retread? NOPE.. because BFG didnt retread them...Treadwright did.:twak:

Back