• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

door locks not working

I assume you mean from the master switch that locks all doors/hatch. If so try the individual switch on the doors. If doors then lock check master switch (both of mine have gone bad) and wires with multimeter. Good or repaired but still no lock check doors/lock for a good ground and 12 volts at door switch. Solenoid do go bad but I have never seen two go bad at once.
If you have done any resent work inside the Jeep. Recheck work for wire/plugs that may have come lose.

Last edited:
Have you had the door panels off recently? It may have been that you bent the rods. Does it seem like its trying to lock/unlock?

the lock switches work at all the doors, it's just that they will only lock the 2 back doors. And no, I haven't done any work inside the doors recently. The 2 front doors don't even click or anything. They will lock/unlock fine manually, just not with the switches.

Suggestions???

Clean and then lubricate the lock and latch mechanisms. Use a light lithium grease in a spray can or a good quality gun oil, I prefer BreakFree CLP. WD-40 will just dry out in a few weeks and you will have to do it again.

I have the same problem. My front passenger door lock will lock/unlock manually but no dice with either the internal switches on either of the front doors or the remote. I have lubed up the lock mechanism with no avail. Does anyone know a good source for solenoid/actuators?

Master switch or passenger front switch could be bad causing neither to work. Check to see if you got 12v coming from the switches.

Back