• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cherokee center cousle upgrade!

the console itself bolts in with very minor mods, the new style ebrake takes some creativity to get functioning correctly though.

use the old ebrake and trim some of the console, easiest solution.

Here is the link to the write upI found it in the OEM forum. Sometimes its kinda hard to search through pages upon pages of post.

http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=63809&highlight='96+'97+console+swap+CollinM

that is a gerat write up. I used that when I decided to change out my interior (including the center console) in my 93 to that of the 97 up interior. It really is not an overly big swap, but you will notice that the console does not mate up to the dash like your factory one did. I used that open space to mount on my CB and it has worked great. Dont forget to get the rear mount when your getting the 97 up console, it is a black plastic riser/mount that goes under the storage area in the console. You can change out the TC shift handle as well w/o much work and the shifter (if automatic) is a direct bolt in swap as well. The 97 up shifter is curved on the stick vs the 96 down is a straight stick on the shifter and the handles are slightly different in the plastic texture. If your gonna do it, do it right. The e-brake dose take a little work since the holes do not line up on the tub the same. I had to relocate and patch an open area with a piece of sheet metal to keep the water/fumes etc from entering the cab there. Dont let that scare ya, it can be done fairly easy as well.

best write up i've seen for the swap :thumbup:

i used a turnbuckle on my ebrake and is doin fine as well.

IMG_2376.jpg

Back