• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pre 97 hannemans on 97+. Anyone done it?

slcpunk74

NAXJA Forum User
I have some hanneman bulge fenders from a project that were for a pre 97 jeep and I was thinking of re-working them to work on my 97. I have seen a pic of a green jeep that looks like they had this but I was wondering if anyone else had done it or had more pics to share.

The fenders I will be using.
xjspeed030.jpg

I tried it, didn't work as there was a huge gap because the late model front clip is longer overall. You would probably be better off trading your front clip for an old model, then it would match right up, it would be way too much work to make it right in my opinion, the ajax fenders for the 97+ are MUCH nicer though, just a thought.
Good luck

I tried it, didn't work as there was a huge gap because the late model front clip is longer overall. You would probably be better off trading your front clip for an old model, then it would match right up, it would be way too much work to make it right in my opinion, the ajax fenders for the 97+ are MUCH nicer though, just a thought.
Good luck

I was thinking of trying to graft the two header panels together so its just s 97+ with the very outside edges of the pre 97. Not sure yet I will check it out this weekend if my spring hangers dont take too long.

If you decided to sell them I'll buy them!

Everybody from cali says that. I tried to sell them for some time and nobody wanted to pay shipping or buy them local. There is not a very big desert scene out here.

I have them on my 97, they look good if you dont care about lines matching up, but you can always sand the body line down if you care that much. These pics were before the RE long arm upgrade and little 31's..

DSCN0979.jpg

DSCN0990.jpg

DSCN0985.jpg

DSCN0984.jpg

DSCN0980.jpg

DSCN0977.jpg

Thanks Tone. I have some free time this week so I might try and get mine on.

wish me luck Im about ready to try and put mine on.

Oh it went like gravy. I already had the holes drilled from being installed on our 94. I was not aware that I had to use that thin sheet bracket that holds the front of the fender on the pre 97. I guess its a good thing I had the 94 still. Pics within the hour.

Installed pics.
DSC00968.jpg

DSC00973.jpg

DSC00972.jpg

DSC00971.jpg

DSC00970.jpg

DSC00969.jpg

Just had to make a .25 alum spacer for the passenger side up by the window so it would line up with the cowl better. They look good enough for now that if all goes to plan when I paint the jeep this summer I can get them looking tits :clap:

looking good! How is the gap right at the fender/front clip junction? That is the place that bothered me the most when I tried it out.

just for you...
DSC00974.jpg

DSC00977.jpg

DSC00976.jpg

DSC00975.jpg

As you can see the drivers side needs a little work still but when it comes time to paint a little bondo-glass and grinding will make them fit very good.

ride on, thanks for that. It looks much better than mine did, did you have to extend the fender out any right there? Mine had at least a 1-2" gap right there. I would definitely be happy with that fit!

Back