• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

detours tailbone

Still not available on their website.

Aye guys.....This product is out and is awaiting website updates currently......another website has 7 pages on the product without a negative reply. The product has been totally been re-done since the prototype (which is still on the trail!) from the inside out, I've put a ton and a half of effort into the actual mounting system which ended up surpassing most any standard aftermarket mounting of any said bumper, period.

Watch for website updates or feel free to ask anything about it in this thread!
I have limited internet time, but will do my best to reply timely!

100_6116sml.jpg

Wow...
I'm loving this stuff. Is there anything back there for a class 3 receiver to be added to? I'd love to gain clearance & retain the towing ability... not to mention tire carrier & stronger recovery.

385 for tire carrier out back is stupid-cheap compared to most after market solutions...

I like it, but don't need a tire carrier(I carry my 35 inside). Mark do you have just the recovery part of the Tailbone for sale?

I have your sliders/stiffeners and Backbone, great stuff!

Still planning to make it w/o flames? Sorry, just looks a bit "tacky".

Also, would the Tailbone clear a class 3 hitch?

The website recieved it's 1st update on the TailBone last evening - http://www.detoursusa.com/tailbone.php I'll be adding an install page as soon as time permits.

Meanwhile........

Yes, I can loose the flames if you dont care for them.

Yes, recovery 'only' is possible & is being considered.

Yes, class 3 hitches work with the system....(XJ pictured has a Hidden Hitch installed)

Hmmmm, build a hitch off our system???? All I will say is I have no control over what you do with the system once you get it in your hands, I suppose anything is possible.

Hope this helps!!

wow let me save up a alil and i'll be giving you guys a call. looks really nice. have been trying to keep the xj as stock looking as possible and this will help alot!

For shipping cost give them a call at (606) 845-0024

Me likey very much, me gonna use tax refund to get mine!!
(Please don't tell my wife!)

How much for the chrome Jeep applique above the license plate area?

How much you got?

Doing a full install photo shoot over the weekend and YES, call, email or pm me if you need a shipping qoute.......no random qoutes please, only if your ready to order, all others just slow things down and thats not fair to your fellow Jeepers.

Are you planning on adding the extra rear crossmember reinforcement bracketry included with the Tailbone to your Slimline bumpers in the future? Or do you feel the Slimline's design doesn't need it?

Oh dang, nevermind... I see the Slimline disappeared from your site. Was that intentional? Hope that wasn't my fault...

I shouldn't be worried about tugging on my Slimline though, should I?

No, your assumption is not the case.

Your comparing 2 different animals, that have been designed to take on the challenges of durability, stress and strength in 2 different manors.

Are you not making the rear slimline anymore? :(

Back