• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE6130 Shocks

jeepsrock

NAXJA Forum User
I need some shocks to go along with my RE6130 lift.
The shocks i had before was the Bilstein 5100 Series along with my 2" Budget Lift and i really liked its ride and how it handled.

Before i install this lift i believe it will need new shocks. I have researched some choices maybe you guys can comment on performance and even where to get a good buy. This is what i have found so far.

OME $320.00
Bilstien 5100's $320.00
Rubicon Mfg Twintubes $155.00
Rubicon Mfg Monotubes $250.00

Thanks
Pete

Spend just a hair more. Get Bilstien 5150's and call it done.

I know everybody likes their fancy & expensive shocks, but I've always run Pro Comp ES3000's on my lifted Jeeps and they are great! Never an issue with rust or failure, improved the ride, no bushing failure. And they only cost $100, including boots, for all 4. Save the $200 and spend it on other jeep stuff, IMO!!!

I know everybody likes their fancy & expensive shocks, but I've always run Pro Comp ES3000's on my lifted Jeeps and they are great! Never an issue with rust or failure, improved the ride, no bushing failure. And they only cost $100, including boots, for all 4. Save the $200 and spend it on other jeep stuff, IMO!!!

The difference is I can do 55 mph across the desert until I get bored with the idea, where after 10 or 12 bumps you're shocks are going to overheat and fade.

Not that I want to travel 55 across the desert all day, but $200 to go from "meh, ok" to "wow" is really worth it.

well, obviously, if you're going to be desert running, you'll want shocks made for that. I don't do any high speed, baja racing, but plenty of mud, sand, water, rocks, hills, washboard roads, etc. and the PC's have held up without an issue ever.

In the scheme of things i have learned that spending a bit more money up front is usually better than regretting the decision afterward. Hence my choices and the reason for asking...

Jeepster, thanks for your suggestion nevertheless.

Pete

In the scheme of things i have learned that spending a bit more money up front is usually better than regretting the decision afterward. Hence my choices and the reason for asking...

Jeepster, thanks for your suggestion nevertheless.

Pete

no problem. I just hate seeing people waste money on things. i'm not saying those other shocks are a waste of money b/c they definitely have their place and purpose. If you're looking for a great all-around shock that will handle great on the streets and in almost any off-road situation, the PC's work wonders.

Spend just a hair more. Get Bilstien 5150's and call it done.

cant agree with ya more. even thought the 5150s are far from a serious racing shock, i love mine, and cannot believe i waited 3 years (and it took a broken a rear shock) to upgrade.

well, obviously, if you're going to be desert running, you'll want shocks made for that. I don't do any high speed, baja racing, but plenty of mud, sand, water, rocks, hills, washboard roads, etc. and the PC's have held up without an issue ever.

no problem. I just hate seeing people waste money on things. i'm not saying those other shocks are a waste of money b/c they definitely have their place and purpose. If you're looking for a great all-around shock that will handle great on the streets and in almost any off-road situation, the PC's work wonders.

yea..... no. im pretty damn far from the desert and can say that the 5150s have improved my daily life, and i am in fact a happier person than when i had my old shocks. better than zoloft. i'll sit with cal and laugh at your boiling shock oil.

go w/ the RE monotubes... (budget is as budget does)
you dont have to run the baja 1000 to enjoy proper shocks... and that misconception is frankly retarded.

good shocks are expensive, we know.
but recommending crap just because its cheap? no thanks

besides, theyre not cheap if you kill em the first time out...

This isn't so much a matter of budget but rather one of getting a good product for a decent price.
Like i mentioned above, i have already had Bilstein5100s and they are great, the point was to find out if someone here first hand, had these various shocks and had some opinions.

Pete

I drive a lot on the street so I went with OME's. Much softer and better riding than the rusty's shocks I had before and still work perfectly offroad. I got the ones for 3.5"-4.5" and they have a ton of travel.

Back