• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NON HO TO HO SWAP

jeepguy68

NAXJA Forum User
Trying not to replicate threads, however I can't seem to find infor regarding what is involved to swap a HO into my 90 XJ. Any 411 is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

346q5mr.jpg

Try searching High Output

I stuck a 99' H.O. into my 89' non H.O. awhile back. Buy a pre 00' because the 00' up had individual coil packs instead of a distributor. I had to use the motor mount ears of my old motor, but it wasn't a problem to take a few parts off my old motor when I needed them. I think I also used the old knock sensor too. I used the 99' intake and header (you'll need to weld in an o2 sensor bung) off of the newer motor and spliced my injector wiring onto the new injectors and used the new throttle body. Since the intake is different I also had to buy a new power steering pump. My old temp sensor was in the head whereas the new one is in the thermostat housing too. I think that was pretty much about it. It should be a little simplier however if you just want to use your old intake, injectors, and throttle body...they will bolt right up to your new motor and you won't have to worry about the power steering or switching anything over (assuming you buy one with the newer style rounded manifold).

Here's another link to the intake swap...read post #18

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=84331&highlight=swap

Back