• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radio and dome light don't work

Whiteclimber1

NAXJA Forum User
Searched for this one everyway I could think of but didn't find anything that fixed it. I was working on installing my overhead console the other day and was trying to diagnose what wires were witch under the dash. By accident I shorted out the power for the dome light with the volt meter leads. I knew this cause the radio went out. At first I thought, "No big deal I will just replace the fuse" But it turned out the fuse was fine. (I replaced it just incase) Upon further inspection I found that the radio, glove box light, and the dome light all did not work. From searching it seems like a lot of people have problems with these going out in pairs. I searched high and low for a fusible link but have not found anything. Does anyone know of a hidden fusible link or another simple fix to the problem or am I going to have to rewire the whole thing from scratch. I still find it hard to believe that the wire would melt through before the fuse would. Please help if you know anything about the problem.

Thanks

Brandon

not to be a pain but why didn't you disconnect the battery? Is there a realay that may be tripped? Check the fuses for the dome lights? And finally I just installed one in mine and had the white/black wires crossed, didn't cause anything to not work but maybe yours is different?? Good luck.

Back