• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

POWER STERRING PUMP

jeepxj1990

NAXJA Forum User
so i replaced the power sterring pump the other day and cant seem get it right i bleed the system like all data says from right to left etc.. fill the fluid level to its right level but still get the wining sound and fluid coming from the cap after drive it for a few minutes i even went so far as to change the pump again today and still the same problem the gear box is less than 3 months old so i dont think its that i thought the valve in the pump might be diffrent but they are the same from the orginal, could it just be alot of air stil in the system causing the wine and fluid spiting from the cap, his was supposed to be a simple install like any other pump ive done in the past:mad:

Might have a clogged line.....fill the reservoir, crank it up and turn the wheel a couple of turns to each side, not stop to stop. turn it off and let it sit for 15-20 minutes. Crank up and repeat. Do not go stop to stop on the steering wheel yet. Crank up and repeat several times to bleed out all the air. After 3 or 4 times of doing this, waiting 15-20 minutes between tries, then go stop to stop on the wheel. Sometimes its a pain to get all the air out.....If its still blowing fluid and whining, something is not passing fluid...

ok tried all that yesterday did a flush and fill and have great pressure coming off the gear box but its still airating the fluid within seconds of starting the jeep the fluid is white and foming something is pulling air into the pump it was fine before i changed the old pump i changed it do to the pully wobbling and im thinking it might be a bad batch of pumps from the local autozone, so im trying or from the local parts depot and see what happens

the jeep was fine until i replaced the pump because of the bearing wobbeling and causing the belt to squeal i replaced ther pump and now have his problem how does the line have anything to do with it, they dont leak and have good pressure coming off the gear box

Back