• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parting out an '88 XJ

jeepdog1

NAXJA Forum User
As some of you know I got an '88 this past weekend from freashmeat. I am doing a 2WD to 4WD conversion, with help from 2 great friends. I will be parting out whats left after magimerlin, midian, and I are done getting the parts we need. Things I know that will be gone are the Tranny, TC, both Drive shafts, front axle and anything else I might need off of it. Post up what you want and I will PM you with a price. I will let most if the parts go for cheap, but within reason.

Dictated but not read.

How about the 2wd axle, are selling it?

Okay this will be the 3rd time to try and buy something from someone parting out. I need a driver side female end of the front seatbealt. It is for my daughters a 92xj. If you are close maybe I can get more but this is a small item if it needs to be mailed.

The only items that I am taking that I can think of are the steering column and wheel, heater control set-up, front seat belts(just the retracting section by the doors), might grab driver front seat if better then mine and midian does want it. Thats all I can think of.

imwally, you have first dibs on that. You are talking the piece that the belt buckles into correct. We can mail that if need be. We are in Houston, Texas by the "woodlands" area right of of 45. They are up the street from me and I am at 1960 and 45 area.

How about the 2wd axle, are selling it?

I believe jeepdog is keeping his axle out of his 2WD cuz its a 8.25 and the 4WD has a D35. Not sure though if he is keeping the 35 or not.

And I might want to pull all the seats... They are in ALOT better shape than mine. Just depends on how clean I can get them.

Last edited:
I am not in need of any Renix parts right now, but I do have some room to store stuff again, so if you get down to the remains and are about to toss stuff let me know.

While I am thinking about, I just replaced the entire front steering on my daughters jeep. The parts I pulled, 4 the tie rods, and steering stabilizer, stock, are junk to me know, though they might be of use as road trip emergency spares to some else?

Back