• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How much should I pay for junkyard Ecco's?

88XJSport

NAXJA Forum User
There is a nice white 00 xj classic in the junkyard, (except the front end) lol, anyways, after grabbing some things for my 88, this white xj was parked next to it, and after looking at it, i realized it had the dark grey Ecco's on it!! All four are in good shape, no peeling clearcoat, no scratches...How much should i expect to pay? I bought a dash clock from there the other day, and charged me 15 bucks, and i was just wondering how much to offer/pay for these?? I would like to grab them before they feed this 00 classic to the shredder. Any ballpark ranges? If you bought eccos how much did you pay for 'em?

If the yard has a spin balancer put the wheels on and check them for warpage. Most big yards will pull the tires off for you if you don't want them.

Yea, between $25 and $50 tops. I got a set of 30x950 BFG AT/KO's with 90% tread on canyons for $250 for all 5, the spare though is a Good Year in the same size that has never been on the ground.
I also picked up 5 Gamblers in almost new shape for $175, clear coat is just starting to peel so I need to strip them and clear coat them again before I use them. Winter project I think because I want to really polish them for my DD use.

I got these thru bmja.org, most members want steel and I have steel for my offorad tires, my DD's I want nice looking aluminums...

I would agree with between 25-50 bucks each. I paid $150 for a set a couple years ago, in near perfect condition. The Eccos are great wheels; light, strong, and good looking.....

I have stock ECCOs on my 97 Sport, but they aren't big enough for any thing bigger than a 30 or 31/10.5-15. But if they are cheap....You can decide.

You can buy new 8X15 black steel ones brand new for under $50 each. Most of the rock guys willl start with these.
Better stock ones are the Alloy 16s with the P-metric tires on it. See if they have some these (they came on Grands, Wranglers, and later XJs).

Just my $.02, and best regards...

Thanks for the reply's guys...I think ill go between 25-50 each. The rims are in excellent condition, and there isnt even peeling clearcoat where the wheel weights are!!! I plan on putting fresh BFG A/T's on it either 235's, or 30x9.5, since i dont plan on putting on a lift. If it wasnt a digital odometer on this 00 classic, i wouldnt be suprised if it had less than 60,000 miles on it.

Back