• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

scratchy speakers

aparke4

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys i havea little problem and having been a profess. car audio installer i have never encountered this before. i have panasonic head unit with dvd cap. and it has a mosfet 52x4 internal amp which i run all 4 alpine 6.5 2 ways. just recently i have been having trouble when the volume gets above 25... the music is clear up until then and then starts getting really scratchy and sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard...wierd and my subs do not get a proper signal and sound very rough like they are not hitting at all...anyways i think there is something wrong with the head unit amp i guess but has anyone run across the same problem?

Start by unplugging the feed to the sub.

If that doesn't stop it, use the fader/balance to drive one speaker at a time. See if you can isolate the problem ...

ok i will hopefully there is an impedienance prblem somewhere in my wiring like a short touching the body...thanks

well two speaker wires were touching now thats fixed but subs are hitting but sound like sh.. ... what should i look for? they are moving a lot but not hitting at all! help!

i adjusted the level and bass boost on the amp and still nothing is making clean loud bass...they are moving like crazy but not hitting still

thanks! im kinda lazy but whats wierd is that i take the time to do it right on other peoples cars but on my jeep i overlook little things like that... oh well

Back