• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

90 limited budget build

lil_red_wagon

NAXJA Forum User
long story short i started this thing like 2 years ago. its a 90 limited with a 4.0, aw4, np242, non disco hp30 and a d35. i got it stock with no title for $250. through 3in bds springs up front and 3in blocks in the rear . then i cut the fenders and quaters and put on a set of 33x12.5x15 on some of 15x10's. and installed a h2 brushguard (after cuttin it down).
jeepfront.jpg

jeep.jpg

after i ended up rippin out the tranfer case i ended up sellin it to a friend of mine for 500 with bald tires. he changed out the interior cuase it was as bad as the outside in those pics above. installed a np231, lifted larger dia off road shocks(dont know the brand). did a few other odd and end things to it and got a title for it. ended up buyin it back for 1000. got it registered(finally after like a year). he kept the wheels and tires after he put some new m/t 35's on them.

when i got it back it was sittin on the stock wheels and tires and the lift(looked like crap). i still have it on stock rims but with 31's on it. since i have got it back i have buillt a custom track bar w/ 3/4in heim join, new steering stabilizer(to solve death wobble), built a diy snorkle, and basicly just drove the crap out of it.

100_1846.jpg

100_1854.jpg

last nite i did a 2 tone paint job(well sort of). i did from the body line down with roll on bed liner. for now the top is still red but will be either semi black or semi od green.

100_1860.jpg
100_1862.jpg

100_1863.jpg

tomorrow i will be buildin a bastard pack to lift the rear to lift it upto like 5.5 to 6. and addin 2.5 spacers upfront. and also will be puttin bfg 33x12.5x15 on it. over the next few weeks or so i will be buildin some uca's and lca's. i will also be doin a sye and front drive shaft in the rear. when i do the driveshaft i will also be swapin over to u-joint ubolts and lincoln lock the rear.

well ehough for now im gettin hungrey and need to shower before i go out.

yesterday a friend o mine works at a fabrication shop and took my stockswap bar end link and lengthen them for me and i also got the pins to make the lowers quick disco. today i will be installin them along with my 1/2in wheel spacer. after a couple of hours yesterday goin through autozones computer lookin up wheel studs i found the front ones from a ford explorer are exactly 1/2in longer and same dia and thread pitch. the knurl is a lil larger. the jeep rear is .617 and the explorer front is .620. that is good enough to clean the axle shafts up a bit and make sure they are holding tight. will post pics of all the parts later on this weekend.

the explorer ones ended up bein to short still cause the threads dont go all the way to the end. ended up goin through a book and found some that do work on the rear dont know what vehicle they are from but the part number is a dorman part number 610-290. ended up gettin them installed and they worked great. i have no idea what i need to use for the front havein a prob findin some. if anyone has any idea what ones i can use for the front?

I really like it and it looks like it's coming along well. My XJ is being budget built as well. Nice to see someone else bedlining up to the body line.

Back