• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

91 xj reving high when warm

Do you mean it is "idling at a high rpm" or does it seem that it actually is revving to a higher rpm? How does it run otherwise? Any check engine light; if so pull codes.

First thing to suspect with a high idle is a vacuum leak of some sort. Inspect all vacuum hoses closely, especially on the ends where they connect. Take a spray bottle of water or some carb spray and spray lightly around hoses and components. IF the idle changes where you spray, you know what to suspect. Cleaning the idle air control and throttle body is never a bad idea either.....

i smashed this jeep before i sold it to my old man and was gonna use it for parts for another one. i swapped both of these the iac and tps with another jeep i bought when we were trying to get it running. but put them back on after finding it that wasnt the problem. could i have messed the tps up when i switched them ?

could i have messed the tps up when i switched them ?

yes, at least on a renix, their is slots on the tps that the bolts go thru, you have to adjust it to a certain voltage after backprobing two of the tps wires...
cant be any more specific on the adjustment, sorry, do a search its out there

how about you doing something helpfull instead of breaking balls?

excuse me, i spent 3 minutes googling for someone else, so you can go break balls in your own threads.

I was not breaking anyone's balls, your the one doing that. I was simply pointing out that your information was not accurate and may be counterproductive to solving the OP's problem. While I am already on your shitlist, the HO TPS is non adjustable, just the renix, do a search it's out there.

Back