• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front axle and 4x4

Superflie

NAXJA Forum User
i have a dana 30 front axle and i don't know the gearing, how do i find that? its a 91 cherokee, 4 wheel, tc=231, 4.0l and i have the vacuum diconnect.

one last thing, i may need a replacement shift motor, i fixed all the vacuum leaks, so its either a bad shift motor or its aligned wrong inside from when the wheel hub bearings were done. anyone know where's a good place to pick up a new shift motor?

Part No.
spaclear.gif
Motormite TRANSFER CASE ACTUATOR DORMN New; Includes Hardware (where applicable); Front; 4WD; w/Front Axle Disconnect Warranty: 1 YR REPL
spaclear.gif

• Ships in 1 day
spaclear.gif
$93.99

partsamerica.com/ Advanceauto.com^

gearing SHOULD be 3.55:1 (assuming AW4 auto) , but the best way is to pull the cover and count the teeth
spaclear.gif

As for your ratio, check for a metal tag on the rear axle. They have to be the same ratio front and rear. I'll bet that it is 3.55:1 if it is auto and 3.07:1 if it is a stick.

They are the same but different suppliers. One is as good as the other.

But, since this is a stock Jeep, this most certainly won't be the case.
Actually most newer vehicles have different ratios front and rear...they claim it helps to "pull" the truck.

i took this thing apart and i have alot of play in the shift fork, i found a replacement locally but its aluminum, i'd like a cast iron one, anyone have any ideas where i can pick one up in slc?

Back