• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Catalytic Converter brands

90cherk

NAXJA Forum User
My 19 year old (260K miles) catalytic converter looks like it needs to be replaced finally since I can't pass the smog test. I realize that you should expect what you pay for but are there any cat brands out there that I should stay away from and alos are there brands that I shoudl be happy with?

I don't want to buy some POS to save a few bucks now and then need to replace it again for the next smog test.

Thanks, you guys are always helpful

I guess my thanks were premature since not responses.

I couldn't wait any longer so I had a Magnaflow/Car Sound universal cat replacement installed.

I passed the smog test with flying colors now so I'm good for at least two years. I'll try to remember to update this post when I smog test in 2011 to see if the cat is still holding up.

magaflow and walker cats are the most common, other than the over priced direct replacements from the stealer.

Back