• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Full size leaf on rear vs. coil over?

MadMrJake

NAXJA Forum User
Full size leaf on rear vs. coil over?

Ok guys for the last few moths I have really been thinking about changing out my rear suspension. One is stealing a set of leaf springs of a full size truck to but on my XJ. Here is my thought. The more arch you have the less flex you have so the longer the leaf less arch more lift thus more flex. I don’t know if my theory is right but sounds like fun doing it.
Or would I be better off just to ad a coil over to the rig? One thing I am going to do is raise the gas tank so it is flush to the bottom of the frame. What do you think?

x2 a rear coilover in a 3 or 4 link requires a lot planning and engineering especially on a unibody building the crossmember and getting all the angles right and suspention stability... leafs sound like a more reasonable choice but if you want to go coilover rockkrawler makes a kit and you can search for some more fabbed up kits that people do them selves

but since you already thought about using longer leaf springs you should try it.. because one way or the other, you'll flex out most XJs

Back