• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TNT customs front truss

bradsiebecker

NAXJA Forum User
I am getting ready to put a waggy 44 front in my XJ. Has anyone use the TNT customs front truss? I cant find any others that look as simple or bolt up to the RE lift i just bought last year. I am on a military budget otherwise i would just go custom 4 link and be done. let me know if anyone has had any luck with this kit or not.

I have one on mine, and I know of at least 2 other people who aren't extremely happy with them, sort of lacking in the quality control department. My truss was tweaked when I got it, as were the others I believe.

They are pretty beefy though.

thanks for the insight. i am not much of a or have time to be a fabricator, otherwise i would build it myself. i had a guy here in nevada said he could build it basically off the dana 30 for 200. then he talked me into the tnt kit. how bad was yours "tweaked"

I did not have a problem installing mine. It's very easy to remove the old mounts with an angle grinder and get it welded in place.

Mine fit like a glove once the axle prep was done.

However, TNTs stuff seems to be made for TNT components. I did have trouble mounting the Clayton upper arms to the truss. I had to dirll out the holes (no big deal) and cut/grind away some behind the passenger UCA mount. It would not clear the arm due to the angle of clayton arm.

All said and done, I'm happy with it but I think money could have been spent somewhere else. Especially since I did this to a D30 and it will be replaced at some point anyway.

The TNT Truss is awsome. Very simple to set up. The only suggestions I have are to drill a hole for the diff vent line and install your brake lines on the calipers pointing up (if you install them like they should be on the caliper they will hit the lower shock mount at full lock).

I was in a pretty bad accident a few months ago where my Passenger front tire took a nasty hit and rolled my 04 unlimited (almost got rubber side back down). The jeep was totaled but the truss saved the axle from getting bent from the hit.

I think I spent just under $500 for the truss w/all the brackets shipped. FYI, if you opt for all the brackets it comes as a completely welded assy. You weld in the truss and the LCA mounts and your done. IMO it was well worth the $$$, especially since I didn't have to build a jig to locate all the CA mounts.

Last edited:
I have one on mine, and I know of at least 2 other people who aren't extremely happy with them, sort of lacking in the quality control department. My truss was tweaked when I got it, as were the others I believe.

They are pretty beefy though.
Said perfectly, mine was the same way. Am I happy with it? Yes. Yet, for the price I'd probably think twice about it a second time and most likely just build my own.
Very simple to set up.
I will give you that.

Last edited:
I used one for my fw d44 install. I needed a clamp to hold down one end during the tack welding, but I would buy one again. It does everything I need and saved a ton of time. Time was an important part of my build.

I did one last year and I was happy with the final however I was not too impressed with having to make a custom trackbar. This was an issue that I had not anticipated. I thought I had done enough research but sometimes things pop up you know.

Back