• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pop noise from leaf springs ???

Deadman 94 xj

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone out there with bad bushings that can tell me if this is the noise I'm hearing?

Every time I go around a bend I hear a POP noise that comes from the rear sides. I can shake the jeep by the leafs and simulate the same sound.

I just want to make sure it's not a bad wheel adaptor or something before I go out in the cold and figure it out.

Thanks.

Could be a broken spring. I had a main spring that broke right at the eye so it was shifting front to back all the time. That was good for my Jeep I'm sure...

Leaf springs dont usually make that kind of sound. From what you described Id say is was likely the axle and c-clips(thats real common).

Leaf springs dont usually make that kind of sound. From what you described Id say is was likely the axle and c-clips(thats real common).

Really? I knew it seemed weird because when I would shake the jeep it looked like it came from the wheel.

I know you said it's common but is this something I should worry about? It does it everytime I take a corner.

Either way, thanks as usual :cheers:

Edit: It is a c-clip axle.

I know, but I was throwing out an possible issue that most wouldn't normally think about until it happens to them. I didn't think it was a possibility anyways...I've been around A LOT of XJs and never seen a broken leaf until my current XJ.

I know, but I was throwing out an possible issue that most wouldn't normally think about until it happens to them. I didn't think it was a possibility anyways...I've been around A LOT of XJs and never seen a broken leaf until my current XJ.

Yeah, I kinda knew it wasn't a broken leaf. The sound comes from both sides.
I'd be screwed if that was the case lol.

I had the same sound on my Dakota and my F7700.Its not a problem just scares you every once in a while when your not thinking about it! It sounds about the same as when my locker un-loads.

Back