• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How many hockey pucks??

Mtb Jak

NAXJA Forum User
Okay im rebuilding my hp d30 for the swap/build this weekend..

I will be running 5 inches of lift, and 33x10.5 inch tires...

I am trimmed like soo

n1374450182_30148512_1705.jpg

n1374450182_30148513_2002.jpg

I have about 12 of them (hockey buddy came thru) these buggers would have been expensive!

I got 6 drilled already and got the center hole on the axle perch drilled. I was thinking 3 on each side?? I am running the stock upper rubber thing.

How many do you guys usually use??

I am running 35's on the same lift more or less and I run 2 hockey pucks under a 2" bumpstop with the stock rubber thing. I would think 3 would do fine. Just flex on something until the tires are where you want them, then see how many pucks will fit in the space. $5 on 3 pucks-my best bet.

There is something about that picture that just don't seem right, but I can't put my finger on it.

I run 2 pucks for 5" of lift and 31's. I do it so I don't bottom the shocks.

funny how I didn't see those on your build up :cheers:

:confused:

It was in there somewhere...although by that point in the build I was pretty sick of documenting stuff.

On the lower spring seat I welded a 1/2" nut underneath, and I have a big honkin 1/2" bolt that runs through the pucks. Unfortunately with 6" of bolt exposed it tends to bend a little bit...I haven't had one become a problem, seems like about every 8 months or so I've got a reason to pull the springs out to work on something, so I drop some new ones in then.

I am running 35's on the same lift more or less and I run 2 hockey pucks under a 2" bumpstop with the stock rubber thing. I would think 3 would do fine. Just flex on something until the tires are where you want them, then see how many pucks will fit in the space. $5 on 3 pucks-my best bet.

Thats the exact same setup I'm running,RE4.5, ACOS(roughly 5.5"). I have 2 hockey pucks and the RE extended bumpstop spacer, which would equal about 3.5 hockey pucks total. I'm trimmed way more than you though.

Back