• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

thoughts on a bender

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
looking for thoughts on this bender. i cant find a used one for sale or a new one thats around $350. (my budget) any one have any thoughts on this tube bender?

www.tubetek.net

All I know is I've seen Harbor freight benders that are made by Clarke and they look similar for less?

Yeah, thats what they call them alright....I actually found solid cnc dies on ebay, so you can use the pipe bender as a tube bender. They even use the harbor freight bender as an example. I could probably get you the link if you really care.

a guy I just bought a roll cage off of has built 4 cages with a pipe bender with a tube bender die. He's never had a kinked tube and just uses a gravity angle finder to see where the bend is at. I've seen the one on his CJ and it's pretty top notch.

i wonder what kind of die he uses? i dont want to spend that on a bender. (still trying to move out funds are kinda tight)

that is sick! I just got my pro tools model 200 plans. If you have a little fab skill/time I think its a good way to save money. Hands down looks way easier to build then a gotrikes.

Thats a heck of a deal on the bender and die package in the top link. Anyone have any real world experience?

We have built two of the gotrikes benders, and they work like a champ. We added air over hydraulic cylinders and it makes life much easier.

I have also used the harbor freight version with great success for a couple years. If you use the 1 1/4" "pipe" die, it fits perfectly on 1 5/8" "tubing". I have made bumpers, sliders, and all kinds of crap with it, and it has never kinked a tube.

I dont have any reason to replace the Gotrikes benders, but the one in the top link is a heck of a deal for someone wanting to get into a good bender. Granted, the design is a straight up copy of other name brand models....but??

~James

I heard a little bit about it on dezertrangers but they mostly said it was like a speedway bender. The only real beef I could see was the alum dies but hey if it works it works.

I got my side plates made for my pro tools and wow it is gonna be beefy. I ended up using steel because alum was not as available to me. Now I just need a die and an HF ram.

Back