• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front bumpers!

4x4JeePmaNthINg

NAXJA Forum User
upon sliding on ice into a car and F$$king up the driverside front of my car, i am in the how am i gonna fix it delema. I can replace the grille guard and whatnot easy but the bumpers shot- not a bad accident stuff still need be replaced, bumper,grille,lights....-just incase any of you thought of suggesting i get more intergral and internal damage checked-its all good just new parts needed............. So onto topic, instead of buying a new obviously non manly /meaty bumper the xj comes with, i need something that can hit a rock from 6ft high goin 1mph-mach3 right.. so im obviousy going to throw on somethin fo da trails! These things aint cheap we all know, so like any smart offroader im going function over asthetic appeal. To fit my pocket book i have it narrowed down to these two: RIGID xj winch mount bumper, or an OR-Fab Rock slider bumper- both would be fine for what jeepin i do, i dont have a winch yet, but i will someday and both bumpers have a mount. So whach youz thinkz abouts this? pros cons ....all is helpful

Last edited:
I am pro-hitting enter a couple times in a post so it spreads your thoughts out.

I am also pro-not waiting months for a part to ship.

If you have no other preference, you could try calling RIGID and OR-Fab and seeing how long it will take to get one shipped to you.

Hahahaha reminds me of the sweet race appeal products at Harbor Freight that get all gargled from translating the chinese into english.

i got a rigidco and love it.... if this helps lol

nose1.jpg

Was that english?

i was going to chime in and offer a few thoughts but i couldnt quite understand what you were saying.

sport the crumpled up sheetmetalz yo!

Sorry for the for an illiterate post guys/ if I find a way to edit it ill clean it up, I was in a hury & thanks for the input...... anyway if anyone else reading this post cares, I went with rigid's bumper.
It took about two weeks to get -pending on how you choose to purchase. Their bumpers are awesome, as is the staff, so if your looking its worth the call. They were very helpful.

Ill get pics sometime, but if anyones interested this bumper rules. I wouldn't go with anyone else! Its the FB-LTD bumper, Solid build, styled look, comes coated por 15- this is just for the metal-its still raw when you get it. I Coated it with rustoleum for quick easy ding fixes later on. A big pro bono on this bumper is the price, 300$ bumper 30$ shipping. Way easy to instal though two people is a help- less than 60lbs,but to hold it straight you'll want someone/something.
I know for sure in the future Im getting their rear bumper as well, maybe the rock rails!!!! ALL GOOD THINGS WITH THESE GUYS!!!

Stay away from Nates4x4.com. hes cheaper and his products are of decent quality, but he is very slow, and he rarely answers the phone or answers emails. Iv been waiting 20+ weeks for my order to be completed. on the rare occasion he does reply to my emails, he just keeps giving me excuses.

spend alittle more money and get a better product in a reasonable amount of time. thats what I wish I did.

THE CLIFF NOTES:

slid on ice - damaged driverside front of my car
...instead of buying a new bumper , I'd like: RIGID xj winch mount bumper, or an OR-Fab Rock slider bumper. Pleas share opinions about this? pros cons Any feedback would be helpful

Yes Rigid, you may have to wait, but it will be worth it. :lecture: You may want to consider getting a "non Winch" bumper. THIS way you can use the receiver hitch type winch mount when you have decided to buy one. Also keeping your expensive winch out of the elements is a plus.

Last edited:
THE CLIFF NOTES:

Yes Rigid, you may have to wait, but it will be worth it. :lecture: You may want to consider getting a "non Winch" bumper. THIS way you can use the receiver hitch type winch mount when you have decided to buy one. Also keeping your expensive winch out of the elements is a plus.

I concur. I waited almost 2 months for mine, but it looks better than any bumper I've seen out there.

3061564727_197cab031e_o.jpg

IMG_3598.jpg

Sorry for the for an illiterate post guys/ if I find a way to edit it ill clean it up, I was in a hury & thanks for the input...... anyway if anyone else reading this post cares, I went with rigid's bumper.
It took about two weeks to get -pending on how you choose to purchase. Their bumpers are awesome, as is the staff, so if your looking its worth the call. They were very helpful.

Ill get pics sometime, but if anyones interested this bumper rules. I wouldn't go with anyone else! Its the FB-LTD bumper, Solid build, styled look, comes coated por 15- this is just for the metal-its still raw when you get it. I Coated it with rustoleum for quick easy ding fixes later on. A big pro bono on this bumper is the price, 300$ bumper 30$ shipping. Way easy to instal though two people is a help- less than 60lbs,but to hold it straight you'll want someone/something.
I know for sure in the future Im getting their rear bumper as well, maybe the rock rails!!!! ALL GOOD THINGS WITH THESE GUYS!!!

Pictures??? :)

Just a suggestion, but buy the mounting hardware that bolts hardcore up to the frame. I don't think it comes with the FbLTD, but it does come with the FbG (what I have). I would be wary of pulling anything or hitting stuff too hard with a bumper that doesn't have that support.

My Jeep was sitting in the Mountain Valley Customs vendor area during the PAjeeps show. The booth was right inside the the walk in gate, right beside where the big red inflatable jeep was. Nice looking jeep, I wish mine was red but the white does hide the scratches well. See you there this year!?

Back