• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power Steering/Serpentine Belt

OFFRDR

NAXJA Forum User
I'm having a hell of a time getting on my serpentine belt. I've searched this site, Google, and many other, but can't get it on. I know HOW you're supposed to do it, by loosening some of the bolts, but WHICH ones? Idk which is which. Pics would really be handy. Thanks.

It all depends. What year?

Here's a pic for later years.

serpbelt2.jpg

On earlier years, there are two bolts on the front of the power steering pump and two bolts on the back that need to be loosened. Then you turn the adjusting bolt that is on the bottom of the pump.

Last edited:
you should be able to loosen the ones fot the power steering box.

one on top
one on the adjuster slider
one in the back

really once you get in front of the thing you should be able to just loosen the bolts back off the adjuster and put the new belt on then reverse the order you loosened it all up

Ha...we figured it out. My tension nut dealio was all out of whack, and whenever we screwed it, it wouldn't do anything, so we had to use some elbow grease and straightened that bolt up, then we got it.

Back