• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TRE's explained?

bradow

NAXJA Forum User
Can somebody please explain tie rod ends to me. I know what they are and how they work, I just need to understand the sizing. I know it sounds silly but I never learned.

Are all 1/4 ton tre's basically the same, I mean the cone piece that fits into the knuckle or whatever or is every manufacturer different? and every application different? Same for 1 ton stuff and whatever else you guys are swapping in.
If they are different, what sizes do Dana 30's use for different applications?

The reason I ask is i'm ready to do away with my stock steering and was looking at the steering setup on an old YJ D30 I had laying around, and some toyota stuff, and some volvo stuff and started brainstorming. Then i spent the next few hours doing research and I think i might be on the verge of something great:laugh3:
Just kiddidng, but really how does this stuff work?

Thanks,
Jessie

There are 3 things to a tre.The thread size,the body size/shape,and the taper size(most tapers are the same but the shank increases in size).

1.5" per foot

Back