• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

gonna buy a lift kit tonight, recommend one

HeepNomad

NAXJA Forum User
im willing to drop up to 300 to 350 tops, i want a whole kit that includes everything, and preferably something thats easier to instal, i was hoping atleast 3 inches of lift

is there anything better for the price then rough country 3 inch for 255 bucks?

I think the Rough country is going to be your best bet for the price range you are talking, anything less is going to be a budget boost.

CLAYTONIZE YOUR RIG!

you'll get inchitis and wish you had gone 4.5 inches then 6 inches. Thank long arms so why not go there eight away and the money that you save you can Paypal to me!

You can piece together a junkyard lift for cheaper ideas can be found at rocklizardfabrication.com or just searching the NAXJA board. Rough country is a cheap and effective way to get lift but you can build something for cheaper or save for a more quality lift if thats what your looking for.

You can piece together a junkyard lift for cheaper ideas can be found at rocklizardfabrication.com or just searching the NAXJA board. Rough country is a cheap and effective way to get lift but you can build something for cheaper or save for a more quality lift if thats what your looking for.
ive seen the rocklizzard fab but i want something a little quicker and less work involved, i dont want to have to search junkyards and make a lift kit, thats why i said i want something with everything included

im really tempted just to say xxxx it and get a 4.5 in anyone know which sites offer the 4.5 rough country and 4.5 in rubicon express the cheapest?

Last edited by a moderator:
im really tempted just to say xxxx it and get a 4.5 in anyone know which sites offer the 4.5 rough country and 4.5 in rubicon express the cheapest?

I would suggest you talk to Rubicon Express directly and see what kind of deal you can get. Make sure you get the full leaf replacement, regardless of what lift you get.

The lift will truly depend on what tire size you plan to go with. If budget is your concern, you can build a trail worthy rig with 31" tires and 3.5" of lift. No added SYE cost or gearing is really necessary with that and you'll be able to do many things with that lift with the right protection and driving skill.

You will only be able to run 32" tires with a 4.5" lift, and a SYE kit is recommended. Your next logical step would be a 5.5" lift so you can safely run 33" tires without trimming. You'll need an SYE and driveshaft for sure, plus 4.56 gears.

However, research shows that once you enter the 33" market, you'll eventually want to go with 35" tires. That means you really want a decent long arm lift, stronger axles, brakes, gears, steering upgrades, better shocks, and protection to go with it.

It's a downward spiral and you'll never really be happy. Divorce is imminent, as is cold, lonely nights spent under your Jeep fixing leaks, broken parts, and adding upgrades.

Enjoy the path.

im really tempted just to say xxxxit and get a 4.5 in anyone know which sites offer the 4.5 rough country and 4.5 in rubicon express the cheapest?
When going up to 4.5" you may need a slip yoke eliminator kit w/ a new drive shaft, but with the 3" lift you can probably eliminate any drive line vibes with a transfer case drop.

I would suggest you talk to Rubicon Express directly and see what kind of deal you can get. Make sure you get the full leaf replacement, regardless of what lift you get.

The lift will truly depend on what tire size you plan to go with. If budget is your concern, you can build a trail worthy rig with 31" tires and 3.5" of lift. No added SYE cost or gearing is really necessary with that and you'll be able to do many things with that lift with the right protection and driving skill.

You will only be able to run 32" tires with a 4.5" lift, and a SYE kit is recommended. Your next logical step would be a 5.5" lift so you can safely run 33" tires without trimming. You'll need an SYE and driveshaft for sure, plus 4.56 gears.

However, research shows that once you enter the 33" market, you'll eventually want to go with 35" tires. That means you really want a decent long arm lift, stronger axles, brakes, gears, steering upgrades, better shocks, and protection to go with it.

It's a downward spiral and you'll never really be happy. Divorce is imminent, as is cold, lonely nights spent under your Jeep fixing leaks, broken parts, and adding upgrades.

Enjoy the path.

very good info, yea im decided either 3 or 3.5 if i find the right deal is probaly gonna be it, i knew i wanted atleast 31 in tires, so i figure this will be alright for now, then i can concentrate on slowly adding armor and stuff

That's the right idea. Start slow and build from there. I wheeled my RE 3.5" lift with 31" BFG's aired down to 18 psi on the Rubicon and did very well. Did that twice. The point there is you can have a VERY trail worthy rig with 31" tires if you know how to drive it.

Good luck. RE is a good lift and you can add to it later.

Back