• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ pitman with WJ knuckles

I used the stock xj pitman arm.
I beat the crap out of my jeep and have no issues with bumpsteer.

You need to use whatever pitman arm makes your draglink angle match the trackbar angle!

I use a WJ pitman, it solved my lock to lock issues and brought my drag link and track bar angles quite close. The only down side I saw was since the WJ pitman is offset to the drivers side because the steering arm is offset it hits the swaybar at full lock to the left but just at the end of the swing. The WJ pitman doesn’t have as much drop as an XJ pitman, something to keep in mind if your angles are already close.

You need to use whatever pitman arm makes your draglink angle match the trackbar angle!
duh, I make my track bar match my drag link, not vice versa! It puts drag link more towards the axle...
I use a WJ pitman, it solved my lock to lock issues and brought my drag link and track bar angles quite close. The only down side I saw was since the WJ pitman is offset to the drivers side because the steering arm is offset it hits the swaybar at full lock to the left but just at the end of the swing. The WJ pitman doesn’t have as much drop as an XJ pitman, something to keep in mind if your angles are already close.
thanks for the input bro

What he meant was, don't throw on a WJ pitman arm if its going to throw your draglink off parallel with your trackbar.

you don't get a lot of "duh" on here....says a lot though.

Back