• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's or YJ/KJ steering

WJ steering is good. Ive never heard of anyone using KJ steering. Would KJ steering even work because its independent suspension.

Oops, I meant the Wrangler JK (or whatever the new '07 designation is)... solid axle and similar steering box.

Don't want the ZJ swap, even if its made out of skyscraper I-beams. It's still the same "Y" setup.

Last edited:
I'm running the WJ knuckles on my Jeep. The stock WJ tie rod and drag link are too long. However, JKS sells the correct size of both of these as well as the locknuts and the spacers for the unibearings. Basically a kit to make the WJ knuckles fit your Jeep.

Oh and if you do it, go OTK with the goferit flips.

I might try the Rusty's linkage, or I found a Rugged Ridge linkage.

I'm not looking for something that would take superman to bend- just something that's the crossover design, I guess it's called, instead of the "Y" design. And, now that I think about it, it'd be great to have a setup that I could change just the ends with standard tie rod ends rather than the whole bar.

A WJ(Tera-flex) knuckle is a "crossover" set-up,what your refering to is a "inverted-T".

Back