• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help Level My Jeep! (Pictures)

w0mps

NAXJA Forum User
Well I've had the lift on since about September or so and the Jeep still doesn't sit level. I really can't stand the raked look of the Jeep and need to do something about it. I have the Rubicon Express 4.5" lift. I am thinking of putting coil spacers up front to help level it out. I have 2 spacers sitting in my shop @ 1.75". Judging by the pictures below, do you think they will give it too much of a boost and sit higher than the rear and look ridiculous? Should I install smaller spacers, like .75" or so? Any downsides of installing coil spring spacers? All input appreciated!

Picture035.jpg

Picture039.jpg

Picture038.jpg

Last edited:
First take some measurements to see how much it's really off and start from there. I would/have cut the spacer in half with a bandsaw with good results. This a common problem with RE lifts. You do have to take into account the fact that the rubber spacer will compress with the weight of the engine and more so with things like heavy bumpers and winches so how much you cut off is critical. Also you have to be careful not to cut off the tapered lip on the spacer as it centers the coil spring, cut the flat part instead, don't ask.

Last edited:
I think it looks great. I've had mine (re4.5) in since summer and now its lower in the back /higher in the front. looks stupid.will be fixed shortly

I stacked the stock rubber coil pads to fine tune my procrap lift. seemed to work well!

I would just ad a 1" spacer to the front coils.

Ive got the same lift with 1" spacers and it doesnt quite get it. i think a 2" would be good. you could measure the tire clearance as is and then the clearance needed to level out the rig (jack it up by the unibody)and that would let ou know what size spacer you need i think.

1-it doesnt look off by much
2-You already have issues with it currently
3-it will settle
4-You more than likely will create even more issues if you lift the front more

And keep you gas tank full !!

Last edited:
First take some measurements to see how much it's really off and start from there. I would/have cut the spacer in half with a bandsaw with good results. This a common problem with RE lifts. You do have to take into account the fact that the rubber spacer will compress with the weight of the engine and more so with things like heavy bumpers and winches so how much you cut off is critical. Also you have to be careful not to cut off the tapered lip on the spacer as it centers the coil spring, cut the flat part instead, don't ask.

At what points on the Jeep do you think I can make measurements from? I have no flares and my fronts are now cut.

Measure the distance from the top of one fender to the ground. Using a hi-lift, jack up the front of the jeep until it looks good to you. Measure again and buy a spacer that is less than or equal to (second measurement - first measurement).

Do you have pics. I think they look better higher in back, but let's compare.

In the pics, it looks like the passenger side has less rake than the drivers side. Is it level side to side?

I think its just the slope of the lot being different in the photos

Another vote for "leave it be". It looks fine the way it is. It'll look better to you when it's loaded for the trail.

Back