• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

quick question..

ATF Dex III for the T-case. I don't think the DW is because of the lack of the swaybar, but I would still put it back on if it's a DD. Look for loose ball joints, tie rod ends, bad stabilizer, etc.

alright..
i was thinking its bad ball joints in my setup.
it is my daily driver but the sway bar was so trashed when i bought i just took it off and my staybilizer is held on by a shoe string hahahaha.

I had DW several years ago that was fixed by replacing the stabilizer, and it has been about 40,000 miles now and it is still fixed. Saying that a stabilizer fixed DW sparks a big debate on here but this is the second time I have seen it fix it permenantly.

I had DW several years ago that was fixed by replacing the stabilizer, and it has been about 40,000 miles now and it is still fixed. Saying that a stabilizer fixed DW sparks a big debate on here but this is the second time I have seen it fix it permenantly.

Are you counting me as the first? Replacing my stabilizer cured DW for me as well. Been about 35k miles without it returning.

Are you counting me as the first? Replacing my stabilizer cured DW for me as well. Been about 35k miles without it returning.
I'll count you as #3

Not having a sway bar may not cause DW, but it might prevent it. If all other parts are perfect, you might not need it. On the other hand, whose parts are all perfect?
Purpose of a sway bar is to make front end carry more load in a turn. Letting the rear carry more promotes wheelspin on inner rear in a turn and promotes rollover.

Back