• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can 32's run on a 3" lift with trimming?

Graeme

NAXJA Forum User
Hi,

I would like to keep my lift low, because my Jeep is my DD. I also like to run fast through the not-wheeling trails, and the low C of G is something I like.

I am pretty much set on getting an RC 3 " lift, the series II, with lower control arms, and upgraded shocks. Hopefully I can get away with just a transfer case drop, or maybe even nothing at all.

Question is, will 32's fit? My flares are already gone, and the the back is already trimmed. I am going to cut the metel edge of the the fender back so that there are no more holes from the flare mounts. Do you think I will be able to run 32's?

I don't want to cut my fenders back, run 31's and get the small wheel in a big hole look. :)

This might give you an idea. This is with NO trimming, besides the front fenders cut parallel with the bumper end caps. It rubs when flexing, and when turning off camber.
12-31-08_1557.jpg

12-29-08_2317.jpg

Wow! That's pushing it on the rear wheel wells...

You'll be fine with trimming and 32"s. If you're looking for an inexpensive pair, go to a Jeep dealer and see if they'll give you a deal on a set of MTs that a lot of dealers are putting on their Wranglers as "stock" tires. The place I got my lift kit does that.

3.5" lift with 32s. You can fit it but I had to trim. My tires were rubbing on the lower part of the fender when I turned. I also had to add some bump stop in the back.

DSCF2703.jpg

the second picture, one of the rear tire, is with the front passenger axle jacked up to about 2 feet off the ground. It is NOT the stance, its just showing where i have to stop before hitting flares

Back