• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Wiper Relay

I think on my '92 it was in the rear hatch attached to the wiper motor bracket. At least it was a relay back there. Not sure if there is another one somewhere else.

What is it doing/not doing? My original '92 motor was completely filled with dirt and rust. Plus the "nose" broke off when I tried removing the large nut on the outside. Went to the local pick-n-pull yard and someone already had one pulled laying in a 93 for me. $9 bux later and I was all set. You can test for power back there with a test-light. Need to find a good ground as the hatch is fiberglass. :).

I have an junker 88 with a rear wiper. I have a 92 with no rear wiper, but I'd really like ot to have one.

I've pulled the motor and I understand how it works, but I need the "pulse" relay to make it work correctly. I know it's in the 88 somehwere - I just don't know where. Who needs to spend $15 for a new one when I know there's a woking one somewhere in that 88 - I just need to know where.

My '90 has the relay on the wiring harness in the hatch next to the wiper motor. An auto parts house should be able to look it up - standard three prong rectangular relay, IIRC.

Back